The rise of pet influencers and how your brand can take advantage
Human influencers, whether they’re celebrities, Instagram or TikTok stars, have long been capturing followers’ attentions, endorsing products and attracting brand sponsorships. Now, people’s furry, funny and funky friends are capturing the spotlight on social media and elsewhere, as pet influencers grow in popularity in markets across the world.
You might think that pet influencers aren’t suitable for you or your brand. However, there are lots of advantages to enhancing your marketing with pet influencers which businesses (and perhaps your competitors) are now discovering.
Where has this growth come from?
As with almost everything, COVID-19 has had a massive impact on the growth of pet influencers. With customers spending more time at home, the last two years have seen an increase in online shopping as well as the amount of time spent on social media.
This increased competition in the online marketplace means that brands are having to do more to stand out from the crowd, which is where pet influencers come in. In addition to this, 3.2 million pets are estimated to have been brought during the lockdown. This has led to a growth in the number of pet social media accounts with their own followings, content and, in some cases, monetisation.
Why do people love pet influencers?
Whether it’s the clever captions, cute pics or quirky characters, there’s no doubt that pet influencers are capturing peoples’ attention – with the best accounts attracting more than one million followers. Yet some businesses may be sceptical as to how pet influencers can positively impact their bottom line.
Using influencers in your marketing is now widely recognised as a beneficial tactic, with 92% of consumers reporting to trust an influencer’s endorsement over a standard social media ad. However, pets have an extra advantage thanks to our in-built emotional connection to animals.
Having been our companions for thousands of years, our brains are wired to respond and be empathetic towards animals. With the majority of our purchases being driven by emotional impulses, pet influencers are unique in the level of return on investment they can provide. In short, people’s love for pet influencers means that they’re providing returns marketeers love too.
How are brands using pet influencers?
Want to take advantage of the huge returns from pet influencers, but you aren’t sure if they would be a right match to your brand? With more pet influencers on social media than ever before, finding one that suits your marketing style and strategy has never been easier.
Brands are using pet influencers in a variety of ways, including:
• For product or brand endorsements: this is one of the most popular and common uses of pet influencers. From Purina to Cadbury’s, big and small businesses have paid pet influencers to recommend their products or services to their followers, increasing their visibility within a target audience.
• In social media or TV ads: alongside other pet models and actors, some pet influencers are happy to work on set as part of an advertising shoot too. By adding a pet influencer into your ad, brands can make the most of their unique character and attract the influencer’s followers to their brand.
• As part of a brand refresh: if you’re looking to add a unique touch to your marketing, then pet influencers are a great option. From lizards to birds and horses, they’re a great way to make your brand stand out from competitors.
• To create sponsored content: many pet influencers don’t just have social media channels, but YouTube accounts and websites too. By partnering with a pet influencer to create sponsored content, you can reach their followers in a more organic way.
• Starring alongside human influencers: from rappers to reality TV stars, pet influencers have been seen to star alongside famous humans to create a unique look and increase a brand’s reach even further.
As well as thinking differently about how you can work with your pet influencer, choosing the right type of influencer is also key to real success. That’s where our expert team come in.
How can you find the perfect pet influencer?
Choosing the right pet influencer is key to ensuring you reach the right target market and get a real return on your investment. Whether you’re a small business looking to re-energise your marketing approach with a nano influencer (1k – 10k followers) or a global business looking to promote your latest product, you need a pet influencer that fits with your brand image and marketing objectives.
Alongside a large catalogue of experienced and popular pet influencers, we have a team of agents who are experts at matching them to the right brands.
So, if you’re looking to take full advantage of this growing trend, then we can help. Get in touch with our agents via firstname.lastname@example.org and we can find you the right influencer to elevate your brand today.